A Guide from Claritus to Developing Apps and Software for Hotels
Hotel Apps and Software Market
Due to the raging pandemic the hotel industry and the hospitality market were dealt a body blow from the beginning of 2020. However, apparently the market is in a middle of a comeback. Also, the disruptive situation seems to have created a lot of new opportunities. A big new market of customers for hotel centric software has sprung up desiring more digital and touchless offerings. Predictions inform that, even in this volatile situation, this market can grow by USD 1.14 billion globally at a compound annual growth rate of 5% till 2024.
Everything goes mobile these days. Most travelers today make use of cellphones for their trips and voyages. Hoteliers and guests, cutting across generations are captivated by mobile hotel apps. Additionally, personalization counts, so it is integrated with every software. The most elementary instances of personalizing the experience are welcoming and farewell emails, knowing the names of clients and providing appropriate content with regards to travels. This approach helps to enhance loyalty and engagement of the clientele, which in turn generates higher revenue.
A. The applications must offer complete information about hotel rooms, location and facilities available.
B. Clients use a variety of gadgets to book their stay, therefore the hotel applications should be within reach through any kind of equipment.
C. The capacity to accept payments is one of the fundamental and crucial aspects that hotel software and applications should possess.
D. The applications should aid guests in making, cancelling or changing their reservations without any trouble whatsoever.
E. The applications should enable seamless communication for the guests with the staff regarding any requirement they may have.
F. If you want to know how the guests are enjoying their stay, it’s absolutely essential to equip them with an outlet to assess and evaluate the services and facilities of your hotel. It’s another layer of reliability and trustworthiness added to your reputation when these reviews are observed by the general public.
Steps to Take for Developing the Apps and Software
1. Create the interface meticulously. It should be as simple as possible, so that the hotel’s staff members can use it easily. Additionally, the latest trends of design must be integrated in the interface.
2. You should spell out the list of functions that you want your apps and software solution to have. Do you intend to start from a simple upgradation from one of the segments, for instance, the staff management or booking, or do you fancy commencing with a full set where each process in the hotel is digitalized?
3. You may have to choose a partner. So, attention is required to a few crucial and indispensable aspects. They are staff count, their experience, location and hourly fee. Relevant experience of the team with regards to your business requirements is also of paramount importance.
4. For a dynamic hotel industry, it is mandatory that you have a permanent reach to technical support 24/7. Hotel service should never be allowed to be affected with software glitches, or else, you risk losing your clientele. It’s wise to have all issues with respect to technical support mentioned in the contract agreement with the development organization.
5. Your partner should help you out with load tests, unit tests, smoke tests, acceptance tests and finally manual and A/B tests. This will ensure that the product is released without flaws.
6. Once the apps and software get deployed, it’s time for you and your partner to start working together on bug fixing.